Ollie Leon [ Dawson]  Dodd

April 1, 1896 - September 18, 1959
Rome News-Tribune, Sunday, September 20, 1959, page 2

Transcribed and submitted by: 

Mrs. Marion Dodd's Funeral Services Will Be Held Today

Mrs. Marion G. Dodd, 63, of 201 South Broad St. was pronounced dead on arrival in  a local hospital at 3:50 p.m. Friday.  She had been in her usual health and her death came unexpectedly following an attack at her home.

The former Miss Ollie L. Dawson, Mrs. Dodd was born in Cartersville, April 1, 1896, daughter of the late Maggie Owens Tate and Tom Dawson and had been a resident of Rome for the past six years coming here from Alabama.  She was a member of the Beulah Church, Slackland, Ala. and was preceded in death by a brother, Stanley Dawson, Sept. 7, 1959 and by a sister, Mrs. Florence Blankenship, Dec. 25, 1957.

Surviving are her husband, Marion Guy Dodd, to whom she was married August 13, 1912; seven daughters, Misses Rena, Louise and Sara Dodd, Mrs. Rachel Bradfield and Mrs. Ida Parker, all of Rome, Mrs. Georgia Lee Motes, Centre, Ala., and Mrs. Margaret Murphy of Menlo; four sons, Charles Dodd, Leesburg, Ala., Joe Dodd, Rome, W. A. Dodd, Anniston, Ala. and Horton Dodd of Leesburg, Ala., one sister, Miss June Tate; two brothers, A. C. and C. B. Tate, of Rockmart, and 25 grandchildren.

Funeral services will be conducted at 3 p.m. today at the Macedonia Baptist Church with the Rev. Coleman Spears officiating.  Interment will be in Macedonia Cemetery, near Cartersville, on the Chulio Road.

The body will lie in state at the residence until 2 p.m. today when the funeral cortege will leave for services.

Active pallbearers will include, Jack Lewis, Ronnie Garrison, Bill Bohannan, Wallace Camp, Cliff Hines and Wilburn Rogers.  Honorary pallbearers will include all of Mrs. Dodd's nephews.


GO TO: Text Site Map
770-382-3818 ext. 6283
13 N Wall Street
Cartersville, Georgia 30120

Bartow GenWeb Coordinator: Trey Gaines   
Georgia GenWeb State Coordinator: Linda Blum-Barton

          ©2002 - 2019 Bartow History Museum

Last Modified: 11/16/2004